Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fatherhood's Implication on Spiritual Life

So I was sitting in church this past sunday and was struck by how my view of Christianity and my understanding of it is in the process of changing. I am going to be able to relate in a new way of what it means to be a child, and what it means that God is my father, and How God does not hurt His children and always provides for them.

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to change or broaden my understanding. But I look forward to this.

Having to learn to provide and care for someone that is somewhat helpless and dependent on my love, care, and support is going to be a change as well. Being married is one thing, but now having to help care for a little one puts so much more pressure on every decision about work, money, and free time.

I just pray that as things change, that I will adapt and be the best dad my child could ask for!

~tfkr

No comments: