Saturday, March 24, 2007

A whole new view....


Well changes have already begun around our household. The office has been moved. Paint colors are being looked at. And well of course my nerves are starting. Going from being just a husband to now a husband and father is such a large change. There is another person to care for. Another person that is greatly affected by what things I do or don't do, when I get home, when I go see friends, and what job I have.

i don't think anything really prepares you for the change to life that a child is. No one tells you the mix of excitement, fear, concern, joy, and happiness that can be experienced. No one tells you about the morning sickness and how it really is. I think i'm coping well so far, but we'll see what the next months bring. We have had an ultrasound as you can see. We aren't as far along as we thought, but Jenn thinks the baby will be here sooner than the doctor expects.

I'm excited and nervous. No matter if we have a son or daughter I don't really care, but either way I will have to adjust to it. Having a son means I will have to be more interested in sports and well try to understand them so i can pass them on. If its a daughter I will also have to adjust as I never had a sister growing up, have to protect her from all the bad guys that will be out there, and well find a way to connect to a female that is alot younger than me. Either way i'm excited, and I know that I have a lot of learining to do........ But I have time to adjuster right? Time to learn? Time to get the projects done?..... I know that some things will happen and some things won't get done over the next months.... I'm just excited. For now I guess I'm just on for the ride as I'm not the one carrying our bundle of joy........ My true fun begins the moment our child mets the world face to face!

~New Daddy......

No comments: