Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Patience...... Its a key

So one thing that I am learning is patience.I am a do do do, go go go person, and Jen has been over the years making me learn to be patient. Right now we are waiting to do any prep work on the nursery till we know if its a boy or girl. The news will determine the paint color and other aspects of the room, so we can't really move on that till we know.

Being the dad is hard as all you see is the changes that your wife goes through and an external developments such as morning sickness and the normally pregnancy changes. So its hard. I'm looking forward to the days when the baby is more active and I can "interact" with the baby more. I know Jen's not looking forward to that though.......

It's hard for me to be patient as I am also nervous about being a dad. Will my kid like me? Will I know how to be a good dad? Do the right things? Say the right things? Make the right decisions? There is so much that goes through one's head. Since we still have till October I know I'll have alot of time to consider and worry. I need to just remeber one thing..... PATIENCE..... Just as it takes time to get a good photograph of a butterfly, too patience is a good thing in all of life, especially fatherhood.

~tfkr

No comments: